Timocco helps kids with Autism Spectrum Disorder to:
- Meaningfully engage with their environment
- Improve communication skills: cooperation and joint attention
- Develop body awareness, improve movement planning and organisation, balance and postural control
- Refine and coordinate movements
- Enhance motor control, accuracy and efficiency
- Learn to follow instructions and sequencing of steps
- Modify their response to sensory input – tactile, proprioceptive, visual and auditory input and feedback.
- Improve visual perception and discrimination
- Improve cognitive abilities such as memory, sequencing and categorization
- Enhance motivation to reach optimal participation
Looking for fun activities for kids with Autism or on the Autism Spectrum (ASD)?
Playing Timocco encourages children on the Autism Spectrum to attend, engage and respond to their environment with purpose and intention. The games provide children with ASD opportunities to improve action-reaction skills, hand-eye coordination and understanding of game rules. Through playing children can improve spatial and body awareness.
Timocco’s games are a fun, motivating supplemental treatment for children with Autism that helps them learn and develop core skills imperative for daily living routines.
Many of Timocco’s Autism games allow for interplay between two players – a child and therapist or parent, for example, or two children together. Sharing that common virtual space helps those with ASD to become more aware of the partner they are playing with and the space both players are using.
Since its establishment Timocco has been helping kids with Autism improve body awareness and communication skills like joint attention and cooperation in a fun and motivating way.
The virtual environment that Timocco provides creates a solid foundation for the acquisition of communication skills, and teaches children to accept game rules, share a common space, relate to the presence of others and maintain joint attention.
So if you’re wondering how to help kids with Autism or looking for fun games for an Autistic child, check out Timocco’s 50+ games that help kids with ASD develop motor, cognitive and communication skills.